Connect with us

News

Formula 1 2019 “very unlikely” for Vandoorne

The Belgian has confirmed he’s not entirely hopeful that he’ll be in Formula 1 next season.

Published

on

McLaren-Renault driver Stoffel Vandoorne (Image courtesy of McLaren).

Stoffel Vandoorne says it’s “very unlikely” he’ll get a seat in Formula 1 for 2019 following his axing from McLaren-Renault.

The Belgian discussed his future in Thursday’s press conference for the Japanese Grand Prix, where he admitted he’s looking at other series for next season.

“I hope I can tell you a bit more in the next couple of weeks,” Vandoorne said. 

The Belgian did not confirm which series he’s considering for 2019. Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris will drive for McLaren next season.

Steven Walton is an 18-year-old Journalism Student at the Ara Institute of Canterbury. He previously attended St Andrew's College in Christchurch, where he excelled at History and Classical Studies. Steven is the Editor-in-Chief at Green Flag F1 and spends most of his days living, breathing, and immersing in the Formula 1 world.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Popular