Connect with us

News

Sainz ready to race Alonso

Renault’s Carlos Sainz has used the Thursday press conference to comment on the rumours regarding his future in Formula 1, which some say is with McLaren.

Published

on

Renault driver Carlos Sainz.

Carlos Sainz has refused to confirm if there’s any truth behind the rumour that he could end up driving for McLaren in 2019 but says he’s ready to be teammates with Fernando Alonso.

Speaking during Thursday’s press conference, the Renault driver was pushed hard by Journalists about the rumour which has been built off speculation that Esteban Ocon could take his seat at Renault.

“I’m ready to beat anyone in the field,” Sainz told the reporters, “probably Fernando would be the biggest ask that you could have on the grid.”

Sainz did confirm his future was still undecided and says he’s waiting to see what happens with Daniel Ricciardo, who is expected to re-sign with Red Bull in 2019.

Steven Walton is an 18-year-old Journalism Student at the Ara Institute of Canterbury. He previously attended St Andrew's College in Christchurch, where he excelled at History and Classical Studies. Steven is the Editor-in-Chief at Green Flag F1 and spends most of his days living, breathing, and immersing in the Formula 1 world.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Popular