Sainz blames setup changes for Q1 exit

Renault’s Carlos Sainz says “small setup changes” between Free Practice 3 and Qualifying were to blame for his Q1 exit on Saturday.

For the first time this season, the Spaniard failed to make it out of the first part of qualifying, finishing in P16.

Sainz said the setup changes simply “didn’t work.” He also said traffic played a role in his demise.

Renault’s Sporting Director Alan Permane said the team is “disappointed for Carlos as it’s the first time he has been out in the first session of qualifying.”

Posted by

Steven Walton is an 18-year-old Journalism Student at the Ara Institute of Canterbury. He previously attended St Andrew's College in Christchurch, where he excelled at History and Classical Studies. Steven is the Editor-in-Chief at Green Flag F1 and spends most of his days living, breathing, and immersing in the Formula 1 world.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.